Interested in applying?
Check out the application form below!
Code Niagara is on a mission to improve digital literacy in the Niagara region and we are looking for strong leaders to join us. We are looking for computer science enthusiasts who enjoy helping others, can commit 16 hours per month and are motivated to make a difference. Roles and responsibilities of an educator include:
- Providing input and supporting the development of web-based curriculum in partnership with the Managing Director
- Providing workshop-based and individual programming training to high school students between Grades 9-12.
- Assisting students in improving technical skills through workshops and providing mentorship and career advice
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Python
- Basic understanding of design principles or willingness to participate in individual research and workshop-based training
- Able to travel to St. Michaels Secondary School in Niagara Falls
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a quickly changing
- Responsible, dependable, honest and mature
- Friendly, patient and able to cater to a diverse set of students including many first-time coders
- Educators can either work for pay or course credit where applicable
- Paid educators earn $15-$18 an hour and will be based on prior experience and working knowledge of the languages and concepts required
- Workshops will be held on a Saturday every month with educators expected to work at no more than 3 workshops per month
- Employment as an educator does not guarantee a minimum number of work hours
Given that we are just getting started, you will have the opportunity to be a key decision maker and influencer and determine how we can prepare today's Niagara for tomorrow's Canada. If you are interested, please fill in the application form below. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code Niagara Educator Application Form
Thanks so much for your interest and we look forward to connecting with you soon! If you are interested in learning more about our work or meeting some members of our team, check out our upcoming events here.